Salad for the new year
Beautiful and tasty salad for the new year
I already promised you that for a festive new year’s table will offer you some interesting recipes. Well, what new year without a beautiful Christmas salad. That’s right – no. Well, since it’s a special holiday, then the salad must be special. I decided to make it bright and colorful. And, in my opinion, turned out perfectly.
First, of course, I wanted to make something sticky and folded from the mass of salad snake, but decided to be limited to classical performance. If you want to experiment with the form, it is better to try it with Christmas cake or other dessert. So here’s what you need to prepare the salad.
150 grams walnuts
a few sprigs of parsley and mint
1 tablespoon of yogurt without sweeteners (sour cream or low fat)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (or European)
3 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
6 tablespoons olive oil
sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
hot sauce on request
New year salad – step-by-step recipe
1. So first you need to prepare all the vegetables. Remove the peel from the beets and carrots and wash them. Also remove the upper leaves from the cabbage and cut the quarter. An Apple cut in half and remove the core.
2. Taperwise shinkuem. I used a food processor – fast and convenient. If you don’t have to do everything by hand (chop the vegetables very finely).
3. Now add chopped vegetables to the salad bowl. Beautiful rainbow, right?
4. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. In a separate jar or bowl, mix well the yogurt, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and hot sauce (optional).
5. Chop the herbs (parsley and mint), you can also grind the nuts (but I didn’t do it). And add all to the salad.
6. Add the vinaigrette and carefully mix everything together!
The salad is ready. It is advisable to cook just before serving (max 1-2 hours), otherwise the vegetable juice, and lettuce will become not so good.